Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Something to Ruminate

How I Learned to Quit Worrying and Love the Pit Bull – Dogster
While I applaud a calm video production with a preface about the breed, I am cringing and wondering "Do we really need 'Go see if he's up there' or 'Go Get Him'? 

I was recently called out by someone I deeply respect, for a comment I've been using for years (not repeated, as I choose not to turn my own blog site into a debate).  It has given me much to chew on in the way I speak of the pitbull type dog, in today's society....
It didn't change the way I see my comment, but it was brought to my attention, that not everyone speaks nor understands exactly as I might....

...choosing our words carefully is important.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=623122881134222&set=o.134271619973258&type=2&theater

This kid will make money as a 'trainer.' People are lining up--Good for him.

Imagine the slight difference, if the dogs are told to 'Search' or 'Find out.'

Still impressive.

Still wonderful to see dogs with a job.

No longer adhering to stereo-types, by accident, and to the general public.


No comments:

Post a Comment